Convert your 'in-cab' tank to a 21 gallon rear mount tank.
1 ea. # HD Poly Tank - Dimensions: 29" x 17"x 14" (29" is tank width, fits snuggly between frame rails)
2 ea. # GMGTS-2 mounting straps
1 ea. # GMSU-1 sending unit
- Poly Tank is 1/4 inch thick Polyethylene
- Won't crack even at 130 degrees below zero
- No welds or seams to fail or leak
- Tank will Never Rust
- 5 Year Warranty
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING INSTALLATION REQUIREMENTS BEFORE ORDERING THIS CONVERSION KIT FOR 1967-1972 CHEVY & GMC.
If you are not willing or capable of performing the necessary fabrications listed below do not order this kit. It is not returnable due to "Will not fit my truck".
- You must remove the spare tire bracket.
- Some trucks also require trimming of the bed "cross sill" for proper clearance. The tank filler O.D. is 1 3/8"
- You must also install a new fuel line along the passenger side frame rail. (not included with the kit)
- Fabrication of filler neck in location of your preference... typically in bed or wheel well. (filler neck and hose to connect filler neck to tank are not included)
- Drill holes in frame rails for the "J bolts" used for mounting the tank straps
This conversion kit is the only option we know of to eliminate the hazardous, smelly in-cab fuel tank set ups. Since each installation is basically a custom job there are no instructions. The tank mounts where the spare tire carrier is located (existing carrier support must be removed). We guarantee that the tank fits neatly in-between the frame rails, the mounting straps will fit, the sender is made for this tank, and that the sender is compatible with your truck's stock fuel gauge ohm rating. (it will read correctly)
Extra vent outlet fittings are included. If you do not need them, simply cap them off.
Filler neck and connecting hose are NOT included.
Ground clearance may be a problem if your truck is substantially lowered.